Doctoral candidates can apply until December 10, 2015 to the 3rd Winter School on Life Course, which is organized by the Swiss National Centre of Competence in Research LIVES in collaboration with Oregon State University, University of Bremen, Western University, and Umeå University.
A previous edition of this winter school resulted in an article that was published in the European Sociological Review this year, under the supervision of instructors Rick Settersten, Véronique Eicher and Dario Spini: “Normative Climates of Parenthood across Europe: Judging Voluntary Childlessness and Working Parents”
The next Winter School on Life Course will take place from February 27 to March 5, 2016, again in the Swiss Alps.
This third edition will feature two workshops with the following instructors:
- Loss of a partner – a life-course perspective
- Laura Bernardi, professor of life course and demography at the University of Lausanne
- Pasqualina Perrig Chiello, professor of psychology at the University of Berne
- Betina Hollstein, professor of sociology at the University of Bremen
- How to preserve cognitive health in old age?
- Matthias Kliegel, professor of psychology at the University of Geneva
- Andreas Ihle, senior researcher and lecturer at the University of Geneva
- David Bunce, professor of neuropsychology at the University of Leeds
These interdisciplinary workshops will occur in small groups of 6 to 8 students. The experts will lead each of these research workshops with the aim of preparing collaborative articles through a process of learning by doing.
For more details on the workshops, information about the venue and the costs as well as the registration procedure, please consult https://www.lives-nccr.ch/en/winterschool_2016.